After starting his carrer at Canadian National in 1972, Jacques Cousineau founded TECHNI-GESTION J.C. Inc. in January 1992. Today, the company employs more than twelve design draftsmen specialized in maintenance and rehabilitation of railroad track carrying structures as well as new railway bridges.
Since our beginning, we have been directly involved in hundreds of projets such as:
- Steel repairs on various types of spans, viaduct towers, etc ;
- Strengthening of bridge members, traction bracing, etc ;
- Concrete repairs on various substructure members ;
- Timber deck and walkway replacement ;
- Replacement of steel, concrete or timber spans ;
- Replacement of bearings ;
- Replacement of culverts ;
- Bridge widening to support additional tracks ;
- Complete replacement of bridge ;
- Emergency work due to derailments or washouts ;
- New grade separation ;
- Shoring walls ;
These projects are located in Canada from Halifax to Vancouver and in the United States from Minnesota to Louisiana and have been produced for companies such as CN, CP, CSX, ONR, Chemin de fer de la Gaspésie, Chemin de fer Charlevoix, VIA Rail, GO Transit and AMT.
On some more elaborate projects, we have also produced work procedures, formework drawings for piers, abutments and culverts, various types of falsework and layout drawings for cranes on rails and ground, etc.
For our customers who fabricate structural steel, we produce shop drawings for DPG, TPG and BM spans.